BOURBON LIST UPDATES BELOW
The next whiskey tasting will celebrating the greatest whiskeys of all, the pinnacle of American ingenuity: bourbon whiskey! (I would seriously replace all my blood with Blanton’s if it were biologically sustainable.) We will provide several different types of bourbon (see below) and will share some of the basics about whiskeys in general, and bourbon in particular. The amazing, awesome Amber Allen will be the special host for this event!
When & Where
When: 8PM on Saturday, August 11
Where: Amber Allen’s home
- As always, several different bourbons will be provided that cover a range of taste profiles for comparison.
- As always, if you wish to bring a bottle to expand our comparison set and share with others, please do (not required!)–but if you do then you must take it home with you to enjoy on your own later!
- Bourbons provided by the host are posted below, along with bourbons being shared by guests as we learn about them.
- You do not have to love bourbon (yet) to join us and have fun–just be willing to taste and learn a little. We’ll provide some wine and beer, but feel free to bring your favorite beer/wine if you’re not really into bourbon.
- There will be some snacks, but you should eat a full dinner first if you’re serious about tasting and learning.
- Street parking is available in the neighborhood. However, we recommend Lyft/RideAustin so you can really focus on the tasting. Nobody drives home intoxicated!
We hope to see you on August 11, and we ask that you RSVP by commenting below (with # attending) so that we can plan appropriately. If you decide to bring a bourbon, please also share it in the comments below so other people know what not to bring.
Bourbon Whiskey list so far
- Belle Meade Cask Strength Single Barrel: Jay Boisseau
- Blanton’s: Jay Boisseau
- Clyde May’s: Brian Cooper
- Four Roses Single Barrel: Jay Boisseau
- Garrison Brothers: Amber Allen
- Hudson Four Grain: Velvet Campbell
- McKenna 10-year: Amber Allen
- Noah’s Mill: Amber Allen
- Old Beezer: Andy Boisseau
- Old Forrester 1920: Makenna Hatter
- Smooth Ambler Big Level Wheated Bourbon: Christopher Calicott
- Weller 12-year: Jay Boisseau
- Wild Turkey 101: Jay Boisseau
- Wild Turkey Longbranch: Janeane Tolomeo and some fun guy
- Woodford’s Double Oaked: Marcus Jones